Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
We are looking for a Business Development professional with interest in the environment and zeal in charting a career course in a new and emerging business area, the Carbon Market. Such person, an exceptional communicator with consultative sales style, will have to dive deep to mainstream business in to the emerging carbon business, to build clientele base. He will need to aggressively identify opportunities, focus on decision-maker managerial suites to corporatize sales. He will integrate with global systems and finance for green, over brown projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the social sciences, plus environment; especially business management and administration, Marketing, Environment, Climate Change, Sustainability, etc. A higher or professional degree will be an additional advantage.
- Identify and engage clients and projects through cold calling, strategic research and development.
- Generate business and client leads through strategic sales and marketing plan at decision makers level.
- Create and execute innovative approaches to attract business enlistment, through business-to-business rapport and consultative sales strategies across all sectors.
- Host seminars, webinars and roadshows and other networking activities to educate prospective actors, projects, companies, organizations and individuals on the business
- Maintain prospect sales progress, conversion marketing and sign-up of projects
- Generate impact projects with carbon credit value
- Follow-up on current and prospective businesses clients
- Follow up on global carbon prices and trends, and produce reports and analysis of local and global trajectories
- Host workshops and conferences on low-carbon development and green growth
- Partnerships and outreaches to business and relevant private, public and civil society organizations.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in climate change, carbon market, or 5 years’ experience in business development and marketing
- Age: 30 years or less
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.